Campus: Howard College Campus
Building & Room: Howard College Building, School of Law, Suite H, Room 26.
Siyabonga Sibisi is a lecturer in the school of law and lectures Introductory Legal Studies, Family Law, Specific Offences and Security & Insolvency. He holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and a Master of Laws (LLM) both from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Pietermaritzburg Campus. Having completed his articles at Legal Aid South Africa, Durban, he is admitted to practice as an Attorney. His research interests are in private law and as well as company law.
- LLB (UKZN, Pietermaritzburg)
- LLM (UKZN, Pietermaritzburg)
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Family Law
- Customary Law
- Company Law
- Sibisi ‘Breach of promise to marry under customary law’ 2019 (2) Obiter 340-352. ‘Is the requirement of integration of the bride optional in customary marriages?’ (Accepted for publication by De Jure).
- Sibisi ‘Understanding Certain Provisions of the Domestic Violence Act: A practitioner’s perspective’ 2016 (Nov) De Rebus 22.
- Sibisi ‘Vicarious liability of the employer for employee’s frolic: More clarity on detour cases: Minister of Safety and Security v Morudu 2016 (1) SACR 68 (SCA)’ 2016 (Oct) De Rebus 52.