Campus: Howard College
Building & Room: HC Building – Suite F, room 1F-30
Ms Judy Parker is a lecturer in the field of Property Law at the School of Law. She holds a BA LLB degree. Her research interests are Constitutional Property Law and Land Reform..
- BA LLB (UKZN
- Constitutional Property Law and Land Reform
Membership of Professional & Other Organisations:
- Advisory Committee member: South African Law Reform Commission (SALRC) Project 143: Maternity and Paternity Benefits for Self-employed Workers
- Chairperson, Board of Trustees, The Valley Trust
- Parker, J and Zaal, FN Damages for deprivation of parental care: Initiating a groundbreaking new remedy for children – M v Minister of Police 2013 (5) SA 622 (GNP) OBITER 2015 vol 361.
- Parker, J and Zaal, FN ‘Should vindicatory claims be subject to prescription? A long-standing uncertainty resolved at last Absa Bank Limited v Keet 2015 JDR 0996 (SCA)’(2016) 49.1 DJ 181.
- Parker, J and Zaal, FN ‘Small comfort for bereaved children. A cautious response to loss of parental care claims – Minister of Police v Mboweni 2014 6 SA 256 (SCA)’ (2016) 79.1 THRHR 146.
- Parker J and Zaal FN ‘Extending Recognition of Indigenous Burial Practices in Selomo v Doman 2014 JDR 0780 (LCC)’ PER / PELJ 2016(19)