Campus: Howard College
Building & Room: School of Law Howard College Suite A room 104
Ms Dusty Donnelly is an admitted advocate of the High Court of South Africa, and joined the School of Law after practicing first as an attorney and then as a member of the KwaZulu-Natal Society of Advocates in the areas of civil litigation and maritime law.
She is a presenter on the LLM Maritime law program and has supervised a number of Masters students in maritime and business law. She lectures in the fields of civil procedure and insurance and is internal moderator for cyber law. She has also taught commercial law, negotiable instruments, evidence, practical legal training, contract and the maritime law elective.
She is currently undertaking a PhD study on data privacy in the cloud: a comparative analysis of legal and regulatory responses in South Africa and the European Union to the position of SMMEs developing mobile applications in South Africa.
- BA LLB (UND)
- LLM (UKZN)
- Admitted attorney of High Court of South Africa.
- Multi-disciplinary research in data privacy and cyber law
- Admiralty jurisdiction, law and practice
- Donnelly D ‘Charting a new course: Northern Endeavour Shipping Pte Ltd v Owners of NYK lsabel’ SALJ 2017 (3) 453-465
- Donnelly D ‘A new approach to the interpretation of contracts and the management of strategic corporate relationships’ Journal of Contemporary Management 2014 (11) 1 p.18 – 32
- An examination of the application of the Sea Transport Documents Act 65 of 2000 to title to sue under contracts of carriage evidenced by sea waybills and straight bills of lading. (unpublished LLM thesis, UKZN 2013)