Mr Khulekani Khumalo
Building & Room: Law Building, Room 12, 1st Floor
Foundations and Aspects of South African law. He holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree Cum Laude and a Master of Laws (LLM) degree cum Laude from the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN). Khumalo is an admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa. His research interest is in public order and state security measures.
- LLB Cum Laude
- LLM Cum Laude (UKZN)
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Constitutional law
- Criminal law
- K Khumalo ‘The meaning of ‘force’ ‘violence’ and ‘threats of violence’ for purposes of the crime of public violence’ (2016) 29 SACJ 44-53.
- K Khumalo ‘Developing the crime of public violence as a remedy to the violation of the rights of non-protesters during violent protests and strikes – a critical analysis of the South African jurisprudence’ (2015) 36 Obiter 578-599.
- K Khumalo ‘Authoritative pronouncement on the proper interpretation and implementation of the AARTO: Fines4U CC and Another v JMPD and Others 2014 (4) SA 89 (GJ)’ (September 2016) e-Mantshi Newsletter (issue 124) available at http://www.justiceforum.co.za/JET-LTN.ASP.
- K Khumalo ‘Speak now or forever hold your peace Mr NDPP’ (February 2016) e-Mantshi Newsletter (issue 117) available at http://www.justiceforum.co.za/JET-LTN.ASP.
- K Khumalo & S Hoctor ‘Authoritative support for criminal sanctions aimed at protecting the rights of non-protesters during protests and strikes’ (2015) e-Mantshi Newsletter (issue 109) available at http://www.justiceforum.co.za/JET-LTN.ASP.
- K Khumalo ‘A word of caution’ (June 2015) 15(5) Without Prejudice 80-81.