Mr Eben van der Merwe
Campus: Howard College
Building & Room: Law Clinic Hut, Room 11
Mr Eben van der Merwe commenced a career in Social Work, lectured in the Social Work Department for four years. Prosecuted in the Department of Justice for three years. Admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 1996 and practiced as an Attorney in private practice until 2010.
Presently the Supervising Attorney in the UKZN Law Clinic and principal to all the Candidate Attorneys in the Clinic. Teaching professional training to third year law students. Teach in two master’s degree programs, namely Advanced criminal processes and a master’s degree program entitled Social Work and the law.
- B.Soc Sc (Social Work)
- Post Grad Dip (Social Work)
- M.Soc.Sc (Social Work)
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Undergraduate Courses Currently Teaching:
- Professional Training.
- Advanced Criminal processes
- Social Work and the Law
- Family Law
- Entry of law students to the legal profession as attorneys or advocates
- Case note co-authored and accepted for publication in South African Law Journal.
Recent Papers Delivered:
- Co-presented a paper at CLEA conference