Ms Rowena Bernard is a lecturer in the field of Labour law and Labour Studies at the School of Law. She holds a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Bernard is admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa. She practiced at UKZN’s Law Clinic till 2006, specialising in civil matters on the issue of HIV/AIDS discrimination. She was appointed as the Project Manager of the HIV/AIDS Unit in 2003 and served as the Acting Director at the Law Clinic for a period of four months in 2005 when she joined the School of Law as a lecturer in 2006. She is currently the Chapter Advisor for the Golden Key International Honours Society.
- LLB (UKZN)
- LLM (UKZN)
- Admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Children’s rights
- Human rights
- To exempt or not to exempt – some lessons for educators and administrators Professor K Govender and Ms R Bernard Obiter Vol 1 2009 1.
- Street Law: Practical Law for South Africa David McQuoid Mason, Lloyd Lotz, Lindi Coetzee, Malebakeng Fore, Lesala Mofokeng and Rowena Bernard
- The Court Knows the Law Michael Buthelezi and Rowena Bernard TSAR 2014 (3) 625
- A Critical reflection on the South African Law of the Child Rowena Bernard and Michael Buthelezi Obiter 2014 Vol 35 2 345.
- Reasonable Accommodation in the Workplace: to Be or not to Be? PER/PELJ 2014 (17) 6 2870.