Mr Matthew Kimble is a lecturer in the Law School at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, and is based at Howard College. He has a LLB and LLM, both from UKZN. His master’s dissertation was on the regulation of private military security companies, especially within South Africa, in which he still has a research interest.
- LLB (UKZN)
- LLM International Law (UKZN)
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Family Law
- Customary Law
- Company Law
- Traditional Leadership Law
- International Law
- Private Military Security Companies
- Co-author of the chapter “‘South African regulation of the Foreign Military Assistance Act: Misconceived mercenaries, the toothless threat of prosecution, and the convenient denial of citizenship”, Private Military and Security Contractors: Controlling the Corporate Warrior, Edited by Gary Schaub and Ryan Kelty (2016) Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Co-author of the journal article: “A new way forward for the regulation of the private military and security industry”, Comparative and International Law Journal of South Africa, Vol.48(3)
- Presented a paper entitled: “Transformation in the South African Armed Forces” at the 30th anniversary conference of the South African Journal on Human Rights 2015.