|Telephone||+27 31 260 7993|
|Building & Room|| HC Building – Suite E, 1st Floor
|Mr David Hulme|
David Hulme is a Senior Lecturer in the field of Public Law at the School of Law. He holds a Bachelors of Arts (BA) degree, a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree and a Master of Laws (LLM) degree from the University of Natal. Hulme is an admitted Attorney of the South African High Court. His research interests include Constitutional Law, the Judiciary, Administrative Law, Court Systems, Civil Procedure, Evidence and certain aspects of International Law. He has recently formed an interest in legal history from a constitutional perspective. He continues to be interested in the issue of access to justice from a procedural perspective.
BA LLB LLM (Natal)
Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Legal history in the constitutional sphere
- Court Systems and the Judiciary
- Civil Procedure
- International Law
- A new look at an old question – co-authored with Prof Pete – published in Obiter – vol 32 2 2011 (article over 10000 words, contribution half)
- ‘Houston we have a problem!’ –co-authored with Prof Pete second edition of De Jure 2012. (article over 10000 words, contribution Half)
- ‘Vox populi vox humbug!’ Part One co-authored with Prof S Pete – Potchestroom Electronic Law Journal December 2012 (article over 10000 words contribution Half)
- ‘Vox populi vox humbug!’ Part Two co-authored with Prof S Pete – Potchestroom Electronic Law Journal December 2012 (article over 10000 words – contribution Half)
- Administrative Law and Justice in South Africa – Butterworths (2001) Co-authored with Prof. G. E. Devenish and Prof K. Govender
- Civil Procedure – A practical Guide – New Africa (2005) Co-authored with Prof. S. Pete Prof. M. du Plessis and Prof. R. Palmer.
- Civil Procedure – A practical Guide – Second Edition – Oxford University Press (2011) – Co-authored with Prof. S. Pete Prof. M. du Plessis, Prof. R. Palmer and Prof O Sibanda.