|Telephone||+27 31 260 2080
|Fax||+27 31 260 2864
|Building & Room||HC Building – Suite F, 1st Floor|
|Mr Adrian H Bellengère|
Mr. Adrian Bellengère is a Senior Lecturer of Evidence and Civil Procedure. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from the University of Natal and a Masters in Law (LLM) degree from the University of Aberdeen. Mr. Bellengère is also a Conveyancer and an Attorney of the High Court, South Africa and a member of the KwaZulu-Natal Law Society.
BA LLB (Natal); LLM (Aberdeen)
Conveyancer and Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Chinese Law, Roman Law
- African Jurisprudence
- The Law of Evidence.
- “Legal engine or steam engine? African Solar (Pty) Ltd v Divwatt (Pty) Ltd 2004 4 SA 681 (SCA)” 2005(2) Obiter 454.
- Rycroft, A.J. and Bellengère, A.H. Judicial Innovation and the Delinquent State: A note on The State and Mfezeko Zuba and 23 Similar cases. 2004. South African Journal on Human Rights, 20: 321-330.
- Bellengère, A. H, Khan, S, Lootvoet, B and Vermeulin, S. Privatiser pour mieux reguer? Le pari de Durban en matiere de transport public, in Autrepart Revue de sciences sociales au Sud, No 32 – 2004 [“Privatisation and regulation – the case of Durban and the Public Transport Authority”]
- David and Goliath, a tale of two municipalities: The constitutionality of the redrawing of provincial boundaries in South Africa African Journal of Rhetoric (1) 2008.
- Montali, M. (University of Bologna) and Bellengère, A.H. All workers are equal, but some are more equal than others. An answer to the Orwellian postulate. The right to affirmative action in South Africa, Transformation (69) 2009.
- Couzens, E.W.F. and Bellengère, A.H. The Sacrificial Blesbok: Inching Toward Greater Understanding of Animal Welfare Law in South Africa: National Council of Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals v Openshaw; and Natal Zoological Gardens (Pty) Ltd and Others v Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife and Others. SA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy (17-2) 2010.
- Bellengère, A.H. and Walker, S. When The Truth Lies Elsewhere: A comment on the admissibility of prior inconsistent statements in light of S v Mathonsi 2012 (1) SACR 335 (KZP) and S v Rathumbu 2012 (2) SACR 219 (SCA). The SA Journal of Criminal Justice 2013 (2).
- Couzens, E.W.F and Bellengère, A.H. Wading through Muddy Judicial and Administrative Waters: Makhanya NO v Goede Wellington Boerdery (Pty) Ltd and Another  1 All SA 526 (SCA). SA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy (19-2) 2012.
- Bellengère, A.H. and Spurrett, D.J. A Discordant Note: Kievits Kroon Country Estate v Mmoledi. South African Law Journal (132 – 3) 2015.
- Litigation in Introduction to Law and Legal Skills in South Africa, Oxford University Press 2012.
- Editor and co-author The Law of Evidence in South Africa Basic Principles, Oxford University Press 2013.
- Bellengère, A.H. and Swales, L.E. Can Facebook Ever be a Substitute for the Real Thing? A Note on CMC Woodworking Machinery (Pty) Ltd v Pieter Odendaal Kitchens. Stellenbosch Law Journal 2016 (forthcoming).
- The Regulation of Invasive Species in Antarctica: South Africa’s Role. The Regulation of Invasive Species in South Africa and Germany – International Conference 4th – 6th November 2012, Berlin.
- Can Facebook Ever be a Substitute for the Real Thing? A Presentation on on CMC Woodworking Machinery (Pty) Ltd v Pieter Odendaal Kitchens. (with Lee Swales) Southern African Law Teachers’ Conference, July 2015, Durban.
- Traditional Healers, Medical Science and the Law in South Africa. (with David Spurrett) Science and Society in Africa. 18-19 September 2014 Stellenbosch.